Tuesday, October 28, 2008

S is for Sleeping

Look at her lying there
In her grandmommy's favorite chair

So sweet and angelic as she sleeps
Is she dreaming or counting sheep?

Look at her so innocent and pure
Feeling so loved, teasured and secure.

I wonder if you are aware
That my every breath is for you a prayer.

I pray for your life, your safety, your health
Not for fame or fortune or wealth.

I pray that someday you will find
A loving, gentle man that's kind.

Someone who will be your friend for life
And treasure you as his dear wife.

Oh my darling, tell me, do
That you know how much I love you.

Thena

Sleep My Little Ones

Sleep my precious little ones
Sleep gently through the night
And may the kiss of angels
Wake you with the morning's light.

Sleep my precious babies
As moonbeams on you fall
Knowing that in your mommy's eyes
You are the brightest stars of all.

I watch you as you snuggle
And you cuddle to each other
And my heart is in my throat.
My joy is being your mother.

You feel safety in the closeness
Of the touch of one another
And you love no one as much
As you each love your brother.

Sleep my little boys
And may God up above
Someday show you inside your mommy's heart
That you may know how much you're loved.

Thena

Sleeping Anywhere

Oh, sweet little boy
How tired you must feel
To be dinning upright
And then fall asleep at the meal!

Thena

It's not that I don't love my chair
It is a soft and comfy seat
It's just that sometimes I play so hard
That I'm just too beat to eat!

Thena

Look at him in his carseat
See him sleeping there
This child can sleep
And be content almost anywhere!

Precious dirty little face
Stirs my heart
With such emotion
That it gives me a start.

Innocence in a carseat
With dirt on his face
I want to stop the car
And give him a mommy embrace.

Thena


He falls asleep so easily
No matter where he is
For such childish innocence
Joyously is his...

Thena

No comments: