Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A is for Artwork

Artwork of today

Today there was a bright sun
Outside on our walk
It was lovingly created
With some bright yellow chalk.

It had rays that spread out
Toward the street and then
It had some gentle kisses
Made by the autumn wind.

I took a photo with my heart
For I did not want to interfere
With the sweetness of the moment
By letting her see anyone near.

Thena

What Colorful Art

Bright Yellow sun
In a blue sky
Pretty pink cars
Driving by....
Spotted dinosaurs on bright green grass
And a big bouquet of of daisies
In the hands of a dainty lass...
These are the things that met me today
As I watched my little sidewalk artist at play.
Thena

Birth of an Artist

My artist was born
On a nice summer morn
On the sidewalk
Right outside our door.
All she needed was
A bit of chalk
And never asked
For anything more.

Her work was colorful
And inspiring and fun
As she worked off and on
Outside in the sun
And when she came inside
That was a smile on her face
That even the wind or rain
Could never erase.

Thena Smith

Sidewalk Artist

A sidewalk artist
Uses the day
To create work
In such a fun way.
So, parents
You should never balk
At replinishing the supply
Of sidewalk chalk.

Thena

No comments: