Tuesday, October 28, 2008

H is for Hurricanes

I Can Hear You Crying...

I watched in horror at the news
That showed hurricane force winds
And rising water over streets and homes
And debris around the reporters flying
And over the din of all that was going on
I could hear you crying.
Deep heavy sobs for those who lost their lives
And all else involved in this destruction
Tears choked back as they prayed for
Help soon for reconstruction.
Heart felt sobs for those homeless
And who knew not where to go
Tears for those with arms up to Heaven
Beseeching God for help here below.
It broke my heart to hear the sobs
And feel the anguish and the pain
I felt as if my ears would bust
From the sadness and the sorrow
And I could only pray for them
A better day tomorrow.
Then I looked toward Heaven
As over the newest reports I was sighing
And I realized that it was my tears I heard
It was my heart which for you was crying.

Thena

No comments: