Tuesday, October 28, 2008

H is for Holidays, Health, Home, Hearth, and Heart

Santa and Me

Santa comes to visit
On the night of Christmas Eve
So you have to ask him earlier
For the gifts you will receive.

I am really new at this
You see I am quite small
So it strikes me as very strange
That you tell Santa at the mall!

I huggled up in Santa's lap
But I don't know if he heard
The list I had to tell him
Since I can't speak a word!

Perhaps when I am older
I can tell him like I should
But until I learn to speak
I'll just concentrate on being good!

Thena Smith

First Visit With Santa

I met Santa
And sat on his lap
He had a soft belly
A nice place for a nap!

I liked his white beard
And the jolly look on his face
His arm encircled me
Like a grandfatherly embrace.

I liked Santa just fine
And I think he liked me
But my Mommy and Daddy's arms
Are still the best place to be!

Thena

Merry Christmas from my family

Merry Christmas from my family
Whose faces are familiar to you all
But who refused to pose for photos
When I asked them in the fall.

So with the blessing of my family
And the help of my PC
You can see them as stick figures
On this card designed by me!

Thena

We can't wait to see you

We can't wait to see you
And watch your car pull in the drive,
Your airplane land on the runway
Or any way that you arrive...

We love to hear your voices
And want to laugh with you once more ,
Want to see your smiling faces
When we open up the door...

We want to give you great big hugs
And feed you until you're stuffed ,
And even when the visit is over
It won't have been long enough!

Thena

Just a Little Bit of Christmas

Just a little bit of Christmas
To bring your face a smile
A bit of glittery Christmas fun
To cheer you for awhile.
Enjoy your family and your friends
And each tradition embrace
As you make new family memories
While recording in your heart
The happiness on each face.

Thena

Christmas's Past

Sometimes we look questioning
On our pages from Christmas 's past
At holiday memories we caught on film
So they would always last.

We see friends of family members
Who are not with us anymore
And we see relatives and neighbors
And other kinfolks by the score.

We see cousins that we know by name
But see rarely if at all
Or some that look familiar
But whose names we can't recall.

I love to look at photos
And reminisce of times long past
And I'm thankful for old Christmas cards and photos
That help these memories last.

Thena

No comments: