Tuesday, October 28, 2008

R is for Romance

Love Makes Me Weak

I have a weakness
I'm weak in the knees
Someone, somewhere
Help me please!

Is there no cure for it?
Is there no hope for me?
What could the antidote
For this weakness be?

I called the doctor
And he didn't seem to care
When I told him the things
That with you I share...

It happens so suddenly
When I am with you
My knees get so shakey
And I don't know what to do.

If you weren't there with me
I would panic I'm sure
But you are the wise friend
So calm and mature.

I am always so thankful
When you're by my side
Such support and comfort
You always provide.

Oh, my! I've been so blind
And my head is just aching
I'm just thinking of you
And my knees are now shaking!

Could it? Should it?
Can it possibly be?
That LOVE is the weakness
That is happening to me?

Thena

You are the One I Adore

Look at you, you are so lovely
You are the one I adore
You are the girl of my dreams
The girl I've waited for.

I love your beautiful face
And the sweetness of your smile
I could just sit here beside you
And bask in your beauty for awhile.

Thena
And To Think You Are Mine!


Adorable and enchanting
Charming in your ways
Entertaining and etrancing
Adding joy to my days!

Winsome and alluring
Full of so much fun
I love the moments I have with you
Every single one!

You are so desirable
My eyes love the sight of you
When I see your captivating face
I feel joy through and through.

You are entrancing and fetching
So ravishing all the time
That I can hardly believe it
When I realize you are mine!

Thena

Love Can Be Wonderful

Love can be strong
It really can
It can lift you up
And help you stand.

Love can be sweet
It can be gentle too
It can open up
A whole new world for you.

Love can be honest
And help you to be
Everything good
That you want to be.

Love can be wonderful
It certainly can
When you fall in love
With a wonderful man!

Thena


The One I Adore

Look at her, isn't she lovely
She is the one I adore
She is the girl of my dreams
The one I've waited for.

Look at her lovely face
And do you see that smile
I could just sit here beside her
And bask in her beauty for awhile.

Thena

My passion

Do you realize that my affection
Is devotion and passion deep
And that because of my love for you
I can not eat or sleep?

When I asked you if you loved me
And you said "Oh, yes, I do."
I could not believe my good fortune
That you would love me too.

Thena
You Are the Only One

You are the only one
That I shall ever love
For truly I believe
God sent you from above.

I asked Him to please send you
And I know He heard my prayer
For one day I asked for a man like you
And suddenly you were there.

Thena

Infatuation

It must be infatuation
For it has not been but days
Since you came into my life
With your kind and gentle ways.

Perchance it is a crush
And soon will go away
I think a crush will only briefly last
And will surely never stay.

It can't be love already
For I know you not that well,
Perhaps it is strong affection
Only time will tell.

Thena
Nothing Short of My Everything

You're nothing short of my everything
And make me just a bit shy
When I look at you and think
That you are my handsome guy!

You are my very best friend
Who knows me through and through
And I am so in love with everything-
Well, everything that's you!
Thena

Too Shy to Meet You, Man of My Dreams

I saw you in the market
And you looked so awfully cute
I didn't say hello to you
For you were dressed up in a suit.

I saw you in the movies
But I didn't bother to say hi
For I saw a pretty lady
Giving you the eye.

I saw you in the car lot
And watched you sell a car
I went into the office
And bought a candy bar.

I saw you in the airport
As you flew off into the sky
You had a travelling companion
So I didn't wave goodbye.

Our paths kept on coverging
But I never knew what to do
To meet and introduce myself
To a handsome guy like you.

Then I fell asleep last night
And as strange as it may seem
I saw you once again-
But only in a dream.

Next time I see you anywhere
I intend to march right up to you
For who knows if perhaps
You would like to meet me too.

Him--

I saw you in the market
And you looked so very cool
All fresh faced and lovely
As if you'd just come from the pool.

I saw you at the movies
But I had invited a date
She said she couldn't come with me
But she managed to come late.

I saw you at the car lot
But I had to sell a car
So as often as I could manage
I just admired you from afar.

I saw you at the airport
As I flew off with my sis
I wanted to say hello to you
But this flight I could not miss.

I saw you another time
Strange as it may seem
Ok, I will admit it
I saw you in my dreams!

You were just as lovely there
As you have been in real time
But I seem prone to struggle
The right words to find.

The next time I see you
This I have promised I will do
I'm going to get up my courage
And say hello to you!

Thena


Nothing Short of My Everything

You're nothing short of my everything
And make me just a bit shy
When I look at you and think
That you are my handsome guy!

You are my very best friend
Who knows me through and through
And I am so in love with everything-
Well, everything that's you!
Thena

Starting Over With New Love Poem

You Are the Reason

You are the reason
That I could go on
The reason I can sing again
When I thought I'd lost my song.

You are the reason I can trust
When trust seemed a thing of the past
You are the first person I think of each morning
And at night you are the last.

Life is full and fun again
I can enjoy the rain and sun again
And sign a sweet refrain again
And YOU are the reason!
Thena

Who Set Our Friendship on Fire?

Who set the fire
Who lit the flame
When did it become so sweet
Just to say your name?

Who brought the flaming coals
And caused them to heat up again
When did our love affair begin
And when did "just friends" end?

Thena

Dance Me to the End of Love

"Dance me" she said "to the end of love"
And we danced the night away.
"Dance me to the end of love"
She continued to say.

"I cannot dance you to the end of love"
I said to this love of mine
"For to dance you to the end of love
Would mean dancing to the end of time!"
Thena

Written on My Heart

If you opened me up and looked inside
I know what you would see
There on my heart in a very special part
Would be words of love from me.

If you could look into my brain
And read what is written there
"I love you sweetheart, I adore you"
Would be written everywhere.

But all you can do is look in my face
And let my eyes speak to you
For it is said they mirror the soul
And they speak of my love for you.

Thena

I'm so lucky
And I'm so blessed
To have this abundance
Of happiness!

I'm so happy
And pleased to be
The I in Us
And the Me in we!
Thena

I Didn't Intend to Love Again

I didn't intend to love again
I didn't intend to care
I didn't intend to allow any one in
Or ever offer my life to share.

I didn't intend to love you
Or allow you to love me
But one day you came my way
And you caused my heart to be free.

Gone was the hurt of the past
Gone was the pain and the fear
And every day now is a joy for me
Just because you are near!

Thena

No comments: