Tuesday, October 28, 2008

S is for Scrappping

Scrap Supplies

Do you have stacks of goodies
That you buy and hoard
Do you think of QVC
As your monthly scrap reward?

Don't worry dear scrapping friends
In this you are not alone
I am amazed at how much paper,cardstock,
And assorted "stuff" I own...

I have so many stickers
And assorted diecuts by the score.
I have quite enough scrap supplies
To start my own first class scrapping store...

I have Embellishments of metal
And ribbons of grosgrain
For when it comes to Qvc
My impulses I cannot restrain...

Idea Books of every flavor
Fall off of my shelves
They must have been purchased
By some mischeivious elves...

There are Gel pens, markers,
And stickers...oh my
I guess I will purchase them
Till their stack reaches the sky...

Perhaps I shall be imortalized someday
By a famous singer or rapper
It's especially disturbing since...
I'm a computer scrapper!

Thena

The Scrapbooking Aisle

The market was falling
And sales were dropping
The downward trend
Showed no signs of stopping!

The office suppliers
Were feeling a slump
And hardware stores
Had lost their umph!

No one was buying tags anymore
There was overstock in every store
And those circular ones with the metal rim....
There were stacks of boxes full of them!

There were stickers in stock
That never had sold
And aisles of plastic Carts
That were covered in mold!

There were pieces of wire
And cutters too
And eyelet holes
To place them through.

Pretty little wires
And colorful cables
Were filling the cabinets
And stacked on the tables.

The managers were worried
And didn't know who to ask
So they hired some consultants
To help them in their task.

The consultant laughed
And then he smiled
"Why it's so obvious "he said
"Create a scrapbook aisle!"

Now the stores are happy
And the scrappers are too
And each day the scrapper aisle
Holds a new scrapping tool!

Scrappers have their own hammers
And nuts and bolts galore
And they borrow the paint chips
From the paint aisle of the store.

The plastic holders for bolts
Is perfect they say
For all of those doodads
That make a scrapper's day.

The wire cutters and mesh
On a page makes a wow
And you can find miniature bells
Like the ones for a cow.

There are hinges to hinge
And glue to glue
And each day holds wonderful
New treats for you.

I must go shopping now
Therefore I end this rhyme
For I know there many more
Wonderful goodies to find...

Thena
She Scraps In Silence


She scraps in silence in the night,
With family sleeping in their beds,
Working by a soft dim light;
The dog sitting by her wishes to be fed,
And whines for her to make it right,
But settles for a nap instead.

One piece of paper, then one more or less,
Inspired by those whose pages rock,
She is overwhelmed by books she will confess,
But hopes that fame at her door will knock,
As she struggles to artistically her soul express,
And strives to overcome her scrapping block

And on that note and with that thought in mind,
She tears and paints and embosses yet again.
Her inspiration she does seem to find,
And a victory she sees that she will win.
No longer does she feel she's in a bind
For once more creating is her friend.

Thena....apologies to Lord Byron

The Scrapper
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I scrapped, so tired and weary
Over many photos, both film and digital by the score
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly I heard a gentle tapping
As if some croppers were arriving, at my scraproom door.
"Tis some scrapper," I mumbled, "tapping at my scraproom door-
Only this, and nothing more."

Ah, I'm sure that I remember it was not yet December,
As the Hall of Famers, well known namers had been published
For I had the volume, signed, sealed, and delivered to my door
But entrants to Memory Makers, all the movers and the shakers
Had just entered all their creatiions
And felt that they must wait for evermore

And the contests of each Design Team keep on coming
As the big companies kept on running
More and more we watched the competion With no fear of repition
And each entrant's hearts keep bearting
As their dream they kept repeating
I ask to win this one and nothing more.

And the scrappers , never leaving, winners smiling, losers grieving
On the threshold of my patio did stand and knock
And nothing I could say would make them stop
But in their eyes I saw them dreaming
Of a winning layout so full of meaning
And soon they would know the score
And others would say "I will enter this no more!";

Sincerest apolgies to Poe

Scrap those Thoughts

What do you think about when you are scrapping?
That the hubby will soon be home
Or that the kids are finally napping?
Do you have time to sit and ponder as you go
Or do you have the feeling that you must not be slow
That there's so much to hurry about
And so much to be done
That it interferes with your creativity
And makes the process much less fun?
Thena

No comments: