Tuesday, October 28, 2008

F is for Firsts

Book of Firsts

Look at you!
Now you are one
And your exciting life
Has really begun!

In this little book
For the world to see
Are your book of firsts
So special to me!

Your first little tooth
Is recorded herein
As well as your first little photo
And first little grin.

Your first little haircut
With a tiny wisp of hair
And your first Christmas photo
Is here to share.

So many firsts have happened this year
And so many wonderful things are here
Recorded with love and tenderness too
For they are special because of you!

Thena

Big Boy Bed

Today was a special day
It was a landmark in my book
I got a special big boy bed
Oh come and take a look!

No more baby crib for me!
I'm a big boy now!
I can get in and out all by myself
No one needs to show me how!

I am so happy to have my bed
It's one I will want to keep
It is like the one that Mommy has
Where she and Daddy sleep!

Thena Smith

Baby's First Word

How can two little syllables
Mean so much?
How many hearts
Has this little word touched?
How many hearts has it turned to mush?

How many little ones with their arms
Reaching up to mommy's face
Have uttered those sweet sounds
At their mommy's sweet embrace?

Mama is such a tiny word
But very few have impact such as this
For to a mommy's listening heart
It is like the sweetest kiss.

Thena Smith

My Baby Lost Her First Tooth Today

My baby lost her first tooth today
I knew eventually
I'd have to say
Morgan lost a tooth today.

I knew that she would grow up
Like every kid (or every pup)
And couldn't stay my baby
But I thought that maybe...

It would still be a little while
That she would be a tiny child
And I would have a bit more time
With this little one of mine...

But I see the signs so fast they come
And this is just the very first one
Childhood will soon be gone away
And Morgan lost her first tooth today....

Thena

First Ponytail

Pigtails and ponytails
Little girl cothes
Sweet chubby cheeks
And a kissable nose!

Eyes that light up
Teeth looking like pearls
Sweetest of times
With my precious baby girl!

Thena
---------------------------------------------------------------


A pony tail
Is a simple style
And easy to adjust
But once you start to feel grown up
A pony tail is a must!

Once you know your baby hair
Can do something more than curl
You have to try a pony tail
It's essential for a girl!

Thena


-------------------------------------------------------
Angels Wear Pigtails

Today in love and humble awe
I smiled at the sweetness that I saw.
My angel in her little chair
With her first pigtails
In her baby hair.
Oh how my mommy's heart did beat
At seeing such a precious treat.

Oh tiny one I love you so
You will live and laugh and grow
But in my mind I will treasure today
When you wore pigtails out to play!

Thena

Baby's First Smile

The photographer captured your image
Digitally and on film
All the relatives oh-h ed and ahhed
Over the photos done by him!

They said it looked just like you
And wasn't the photograher smart...
But the very first image I have of you
Was captured in my heart.

The moment I first saw you
And looked into your tiny face
A snapshot was permanently implanted
In a very tender place.

A mommy's heart stores precious things
To ponder all life through
And among the treasures hidden there
Is the very first smile from you.

Thena Smith

Baby's First Wipeout

Today I had a crash
My walker went astray
I lifted up my hand
And zoom it ran away!

I banged my nose and head
But that's not the only part
The pain went right through my skin
Into my mommy's heart!

Thena Smith

First All Nighter

They say the football game was great
Full of action and such
But I was thinking of my little one
And missing his sweet touch!

I sat there in the stands
And watched the football game
And even tried to cheer for my team
But I wondered why I came....

You see it was baby's first all nighter
Of being on his own
Staying with grandma and grandpa
Of being all alone....

Alone without his mommy
To tuck him in his bed
To rub his little back
And to kiss his little head.

I know he wasn't really alone
He had the greatest grandparents there
But alone to me means anytime
I'm not there to share!

I hope you enjoyed this all nighter
My precious little son
For it will be awhile before this mommy
Can handle another one!!!

Thena Smith

My Little One's First Bath

So innocent pure and sweet
Little love that makes life complete
Unclothed to the naked eye of yours and mine
But wrapped in Heaven's love Divine.

I place you now in your little tub
And caress your precious baby skin
Stopping as I give you your first bath
To give kisses now and then.

How I love that baby skin
So soft and sweet to mommy's touch
Precious little baby love
Your parents love you so very much!

Thena Smith

First Christmas

Look at the sparkles in your eyes!
How wonderful to see
As in awe and wonder
You see the lighted Christmas tree!

Look at the smile on your sweet face
Oh I love that look!
Your tiny little face looks like
A picture in a book!

Your little arms reaching out to us
For hugs and cuddles and such
Remind us of the Christmas joy
That we can hold and touch!

Quite lovely for one to see
Are the lighted ornaments on our tree
But better yet and more precious still
Is the precious face I see!

I've recorded this moment in my mind
And in my heart today
This is a moment I'll treasure forever,
The memory of your first Christmas Day!


Thena

Junior High Crush

I'm in love, I'm in love
And I know I won't be able to sleep
And please don't tell me
To go count sheep!

I'm in love and I've no appetite at all
I just saw HIM in the hall!
He's so very good looking
And so tan and tall.

I'm in love and don't tell me it's a crush
Never before have I felt this rush.
I know that you think it won't last
But I've felt this way all through English class....

Thena

First Crush


I love you and you love me
But no one else understands
Just how much we love each other
Especially not my father or mother.

I wish our love
They could appreciate
Do you think it's because
We're only eight??

Thena

Little One's FIrst Haircut


I know in my head
It's just hair
And it will grow back
But what I lack
Is for the message
To reach my heart
And that is
The most difficult part!

Thena

Trim it Gently first haircut

Trim it gently please
And let me comb it one more time
Before you give a first haircut
To this little one of mine.

So soft and sweet and baby fine
Her hair is in my hand
How much of this growing up
Can a mommy stand.

I know it may seem silly
To get teary over hair
But it just a symbol of
Changes everywhere.

Thena

Baby girl first haircut

Look at her sitting there
Is she completely unaware
Of the fact that I'm near tears
As the hair is combed behind her ears...

I didn't think it would be this hard
To see the scissors do their task
That I would not be moved to tears...
Is that so much to ask?

I know that it isn't surgery
And I'm making it much too difficult
But this is an important day...
It's my baby's first hair cut!

Thena

First Kiss

Nothing can be as sweet as this
When an angel
Gives a boy
A Kiss

Nothing can be as precious as when
Two little ones
Are forever
Friends

Nothing will ever again be as sweet
Nothing as precious
Nothing as neat.

I'll treasure these moments
And set them apart
For these are the memories
I 'll store in my heart.

Thena Smith

Her Smile

Look at her smile
Don't you agree
That her sweet smile
Is wonderful to see?

Look at her eyes
How they sparkle and shine
When she flashes that smile
It's hard to define...

Just what it is
That gives her
That radiant glow.
But it comes from within
That much I know!

Look at her face
Filled with that smile
You can't turn away
Until you've enjoyed it awhile!

What a wonderful smile
How delightful to see
That smile in her eyes
When she looks at me!

Thena Smith

A smile is such a joy to see

A smile is such a joy to see
It means so very much to me
But when I hear your laughter burst out
I know that 's what life is all about!

I love the look upon your face
It's like a warm and sweet embrace
I hear you laugh and then I grin
And wait for you to laugh again!

I love the joy that your eyes show
For when you laugh your face has a glow
So laugh and laugh again my dear
For it is music to my ear!

Thena Smith

First Smile

What could be
Precious to me
And what am I
Most anxious to see?

What can brighten
The darkest day
What can chase
Storm clouds away?

What will I remember
Until I'm 103?
It's your first
Baby smile at me!

Thena

The Best Gift of All

I smiled as I saw your daddy and you
All snuggly and lovey and sweet
When all of a sudden you flashed your first smile
And my heart lept as if it had feet!
Oh what love I saw in your father's eyes
As he continued the gentle embrace.
Such sweetness was held your very first smile
And such joy in your daddy's face!!

Thena

Neely's First Steps

Neely took her first steps today
She didn't go very far away
But she made a very good start
It's not that far to mommy's heart!
Neely will take many steps
And may stumble along the way
And after many years have passed
I shall still treasure the memory of today.
Thena

First Steps

Today you took your first steps
Right into your mommy's arms
Arms that would always strive
To keep you safe from harm.

Today you took your first baby steps
And walked just for a moment or two
My eyes filled with happy tears
I was so proud of you.

Your steps were faltering at first
And shaky at the start
But you left your footprints long ago
On your mommy's heart!

Thena

First Valentine

Today is a special day
And each day the whole year though
Is a special holiday
Because now I have baby you

I'm so happy on this day
That I can send your way
Directly from this heart of mine
Your very first official Valentine!

Thena

First Tooth

Send a message to Thena.
Today I fed my darling
And much to my surprise
I heard the spoon give a little ding
And right before my eyes...
Was a little tiny spot of white
Just where a tooth should be...
Your tiny baby pearly white tooth
Was peeking out at me!

------------------------
Like dainty little pearls
Sitting in a row of pink
Are my babies little teeth
So beautiful, I think!

Thena


No one is sleeping at our house
No one naps during the day
Some of us are tired and grumpy
Because new teeth are on the way!

Baby's gums are sore and hurt
And he doesn't understand the pain
We will all be so happy
To see his sweet happy smile again!

Thena

First time Eating Cereal

They said I could have cereal
And I thought that would be neat
But I pictured Fruit Loops
Or even Frosted Mini Wheats!

They gave me this stuff
That has no munch or crunch
Well, I guess I know what to expect
When they promise "beef" for lunch....

Thena

No comments: