Tuesday, October 28, 2008

K is for Kids

T -Ball Gal

She's a cutie
And everyone's pal!
She our dainty
Little T-ball gal!

Look at her hit
And look at her run
Our little sweetheart
Having fun in the sun!

Someday she will dress in satin
With pearls and rings
And may choose to put aside
The more tomboyish things.

But for now she is an outdoor angel
Who loves to run and play
And I'm content to bask in the thrill
Of just enjoying her every day!

Thena

Little Begonia Girl

She stands there exploring the begonias
Fascinated by their color and style
Like a little explorer she tests
Each special sight and texture for a while.
Look at her in her baby splendor
Sitting contently on the lawn
Touching, looking and enjoying
Like a fearless adventurer
And there will be still another adventure
When winter comes and the begonias are gone.

Thena

The Perils of Being a Princess

The perils of being a princess
To some people might seem rather few
And should I mention them-
They might look at me askew!

But royalty has its own burden
To carry its weight I must
And find worthy subjects
Who I can wholeheartedly trust.

Riding in glass slippers is painful
And crowns grow heavy after a while
But being dressed in the royal fabric
Always causes a princess to smile.

So I ride on my bike in the sunshine
And wave to subjects as they stare
Throwing kisses to all in abundance
For a princess must always be fair!
Thena

Wonder

Everyday I know it's true
That I'm totally in awe
Of the wonder of you!
You tease me and please me
And make my heart sing
You are a sweetheart
And such joy you bring.
Your smile brings the sunshine
But sometimes your frown
Says that your world
Feels upside down.
But wonder of wonders
God sent you to me
And ever so thankful
I shall forever be.

Thena

*photo was of child with frown type face

My Hippy Chick

You are so groovy
A real dream of a girl
Enjoying being the center
Of your own hippy world.

Time was when there were hippies
And everyone understood the phrase
But I look at you, cool little chick
And wonder if this is just a phase.

Do you have a mood ring
And listen to music from the past
And if this is just a phase.......
How long do you think it will last?

Thena

What a Blessed Little Boy

What a blessed little boy you are
With the legacy of love
God has provided for you
From His Heaven up above.

You have a great granddad who is a teacher
And proficient at football as well-
(Oh, someday how you will love
The stories he can tell!)

Your granddaddy is a doctor
And will keep you feeling fine,
While your daddy is a youth minister
And can train you in God's will divine.

This is such a wonderful legacy
That will be with you forever more
And I can hardly wait to see
Just what God has in store.

Thena

Matthew Dean! Mathew Dean
Loves dinosaurs more
Than any boy I've ever seen.
He knews them by name
And it is fun to see
The joy in his face
As he shares them with me.
We do so many things together
And enjoy each one
Including sleepovers sometimes
When the day is done.
He brings sunshine to my life
And fills it with joy
And I'm so blessed to be
Grandmother to this little boy!

Thena

Maddie's Style

Maddie has a style all her own
It is one perhaps she should hone
To give a little bit more conventionality
But she has flair as you can see.

No one has more fun than she
And I'm so glad each day to see
Exactly what she designs for fun
Lovely outfits every one!

Thena

Whack...Singer's page poems stcik and style

I love to walk with a stick
A lovely one I always pick
One that is nice and straight
And easy to appreciate!

For fun when walking I never lack
For with this stick I give a whack
To trees that tower over me
Oh, it's such fun I'm sure you see.

But I'm careful where I whack
Because I swing that stick around
And its target it has found
I cannot take a whack....back!
Thena

Come to Tea

Mommy please
Come to tea
With my teddy bear
And me...

I will pour
A cup for you
One for me
And teddy too.

And it will be
Such fun you'll see
So, Mommy won't you
Come to tea?

Thena

Quiet can Mean Disaster

When things get quiet
And kids are little
There is no probably
And not any middle...

The chances are good
The chances are great
That trouble may be lurking
So you better not wait....

Thena

No comments: