Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Adoption

Meeting for the First TIme

Just a few days ago
We didn't know you
And hours ago
We had not met.

But today we met you
And in an instant
We held you in our arms
And in our hearts.


Just a few months ago we didn't know you
And a few days ago we had not met.
But then we met you and in an instant
We held you in our arms and in our hearts.

We were not there to hold you as cooing babies
And I did not feed you from my breast
But that mattered not for once I held you
My arms knew that my heart loved you best.

God creates families where love is evident
And fills aching hearts with arms found reaching out
That God Himself chose us to be a family
I will never ever have a doubt.

Thena

Mom, Finding you was so special

Finding you was so special
For you are such an important part
Of the person I am today
For you gave me a healthy start.

Thank you for giving me life.
Even though you could not share
Your life each day as my mom
Iin my heart you were always there.

As an adult I understand so much more
Than I did when I was small
And I want to get to know you now
As with you my childhood I recall.

I have put together these photos
And memories in this special book
So that when you think of me
You can take a look.

Thena

How I Love You!

It should have been the best of times
The happiest time in the world
A time for bonding between a mother
And her precious baby girl.

Oh what love poured through my heart
What first I set eyes on you!
How could I provide the life I wanted you to have
Whatever could I do?

Agony, untold and beyond description
Filled my heart each day
As I made up my mind that my decision had to be
To give my most beloved babe away.

I gave you up not because I didn't love you
Oh, if only it had been that way!
I gave you up because I loved you more than life itself
And loved you more each day.

I gave you up because I saw in you
Beauty and intelligence and grace
Because I saw a love of life and desire to live
In your precious baby face.

And live you would and live you must
A life that would be wonderful and sweet.
I knew that I must do what was best
Oh, how my heart did beat!

I've prayed that someday God above
Would bring you back to me
And that the heart that loved you then and loved you still
You would be able to see.

And I pray that someday God will answer that prayer
And let us find each other
How wonderful will be the reuniting
Of you dear child to this yearning mother!

My heart will never beat so fast
Nor will it ever be so thrilled
To finally have that child shaped spot
Once again recognized and filled!

And I pray that God will let us be dear friends
Which is quite enough for me
If I can once again have you to touch and hold
And love for eternity!

Thena Smith

Announcement of Adoption...boy

In our hearts he was already our song
God kept him secure and safe from harm
Until He could place him in our arms.

He was waiting for us to find him
For us to find the words to our song
And he was just waiting patiently
For us to come along.

God has a way of bringing together
All things that are meant to be
And the joining of baby and parents
Is a glorious sight to see.

Come and join in our celebration
Sing with us our song of love
For the child so sweetly given us
By the Heavenly Father above.

Thena

Because I Love You

Because I love you
I will let you go
And let someone new
Take you into their home.

Because I love you
And want the very best
I will let you have another heart
In which to make your nest.

Because I love you
And feel I might fail to be
The mother that you need
I will let someone else succeed.

I will never forget you
First child of my body and heart
I will cherish you forever
Even though we may be far apart.

And someday when you are old enough
Your birth mother you may want to see
And I will be waiting eagerly to meet you
And a wonderful reunion that will be!

So sweet dreams my little one
I send you off to those whose arms ache
To hold a baby of their own
And in whose hearts you already have found a home.
Because I Love You.......
Thena

No comments: