Tuesday, October 28, 2008

F is For Friends (1)

Long Distance Friend

It was so hard to watch you leave
And fly out of my sight
That meant no more fun shopping together
Or long chats together late at night.

I know that we can converse by phone
And keep in touch by internet
But its the thought that your smiling face
In time I might forget.

I see you so clearly now, dear friend
And I have such memories in my heart
That I hate to think they will fade away
Because we will live so far apart.

I know that people promise
And vow to keep in touch
But time and distance take their toll
And change us so very much.

Let us promise to stay in tune
With the feelings in our hearts
And never let that enemy of time and space
Tear our friendship apart.

And someday we will get together
When our lives converge again
And once again we will see each other
Heart to heart and friend to friend!

Thena

Goodbye to Friend

Today I said goodbye to my best friend
As she must move away.
I didn't know what to do
Or have the words to say.

But when best friends are close by
Or when they are far apart.
They have a special bond forever
That lives in each one's heart.

So dear best friend I'll miss you
But here's what we should do
Each night we will look at the stars and moon
And know they shine on me as well as you!

So though miles separate us
And we cannot play each day
We will have our memories
And they will never go away.
Thena Smith

Friendships are fragile
And to show those we love we care
We should handle them like the treasures
that they are
With tenderness, love and prayer.
Thena Smith

Our Song Version Two

I'll sing with you when you feel like singing
When there is joy in your heart, I'll sing along.
I will continue your song when your heart is empty
When you forget the words...Ill remember your song!
I'll hum your song when your heart is aching
And singing is too much for you to bear
Softly and gently I will hum your song
In your sorrow I chose to share.
We will sing together when you feel better
And once again our voices will blend
Just like our two hearts that are joined together
Heart to heart and friend to friend!

Thena

Our Song (Friendship)

You sang with me when I felt like singing
There was joy in my heart and you sang along.
You continued my song when my heart was empty
When I forgot the words...you remembered my song!

You hummed my song when my heart was aching
And singing was too much for me to bear
You softly and gently hummed my song
In my sorrow you chose to share.

We sang together when I felt better
And once again our voices did blend
Just like our two hearts that are joined together
Heart to heart and friend to friend!

Thena Smith

A Friend in Tough Times

I just hung up the phone
From talking to my best friend
I wish I had a bouquet of roses
Or a special card to send.

I wish I had the words to tell her
How much she means to me
I hope that the depth of my caring
My dear friend can see.

I hope that when words fail me
And I feel I haven't helped at all
That she knows that I treasure her
And welcome her letter or call.

I hope my friend knows how much I love her
And that my friendship is and
Will forever be true blue
And I hope that you know
that my dearest friend is YOU!
Thena

Friendship Is a Gift

When I receive a gift from you
It's as special as can be
But the greatest gift I already have
The friendship you've shared with me!

Flowers bloom along our path
We know God put them there
And as long as flowers bloom
Our friendship we will share.

Thena

We'll Be friends Forever

We'll be friends forever
I knew it from the start
For there was a special feeling
That I felt within my heart.

Whether miles separate us
Or we are close together
Whether the days are sunny
Or we have stormy weather.

Trials may come to test us
But our friendship will stay strong
For there is a friend shape spot in my heart
Where only you belong.
Thena

Sometimes

Sometimes God sends an angel
To earth in human form
To shower us with kindness
And make our souls feel warm.

With compassion love and understanding
And a heart molded from His above
God sends an angel to us
To fill our days with love.

Don't ask me how I know this
But I'm sure that it is true
For there is no other explanation
For a blessing such as you!!

Thena

Friendship is more beautiful
Than the most fragile flower
That in my garden doth bloom
And each tiny petal smiles a dainty smile
When a dear friend enters the room.
Thena

Online Friends

Some would ask how could we be
Friends who met online?
How having never met you-
Could you be a friend of mine?

How can we feel the sunshine on our faces
From so many miles away?
How can we be assured
That flowers will bloom in May?

Some things we've never seen
But we know exactly how they'll be
And though I've never met you
I know you are a friend to me!

Thena

Friends

We did everything together
From the time we were just 'pups'
You were the tiny furry one
And I was your two legged friend.
I never realized that our togetherness
Would someday have to end.

I look back with no regrets
Over the things we did together
We were true blue loyal friends
In sunshine or stormy weather.

Only one regret I had then
And forever will
I regret my precious furry friend
That you are not living still!

Many years have come and gone
And new memories have been made
But still there are sweet thoughts of you and me
Playing outside in sun or shade.

We played hide and seek
And chase the ball
And catch me if you can
And you were my spy dog
To help me find the other kids
When we played "kick the can".

No other dog can ever replace
The friend I had in you
Because I learned about your kind of love
I've had other 'friends' follow you.

I've loved them all in a special way
And each one is so unique
I've learned to listen to their hearts
And can almost hear them speak.

And all of this love that has come to me
I owe to you my first furry friend
For having you first in my young years
Made me treasure each loving pet
that God would send.

Thena

Friends

Friends like you when you're happy
Or when you are sad and blue
They like you when you're busy
Or bored with nothing to do.

There are all kinds of friends
And if I searched the whole world through
I'd never find a finer group
Than the friends I've found in You!

Thena

A Friend is Someone Who....

A friend is someone who looks you in the eyes
When you accomplish your dream or goal
And just says "I'm not at all surprised!"

A friend is someone who takes you by your hand
When you are too weak to stand
But when you are able to stand once more
They don't remind you what you needed them for.

A friend is a friend no matter who, what or where
Someone who is always ready and willing to share
I can look in your eyes and know that it is true
For I see that kind of friend in you.

Thena

A Friend

A friend is an umbrella
In the storm of life.
A friend offers shelter
From turmoil and strife.

When the day grows cold
In the winter storm,
A friend invites you in
Where it is warm.

When the creek is high
And the water wide,
A friend is a bridge
To the other side.

A friend is so special
I know you will agree--
And you are that kind
Of friend to me.

Thena Smith

No comments: