Tuesday, October 28, 2008

H is for Health

Medical ........cancer.....words to say

Just a little note to say
I think about you everyday
And bless the day that we met
You are a friend I'll never forget
And no matter the time that we have together
You are a friend I'll treasure forever!
Thank you for being my special friend
And letting me share with you
And know that my prayer is always
I've been that kind of friend to you.

Thena

If I Could Have a Miracle

If I could take your pain away
Or experience it in your stead
If I could take the thoughts for mine
That must be in your head...

If I could let you sleep at night
And I would be the one awake
Or if the surgeries would be mine
And your medicines I could take...

I would accept it with my whole heart
If by a miracle I could make it all come true
But I would not have ever missed
The miracle of knowing you!

Thena

Just a little card to say
That I'm thinking of you today.
It's so hard to find the right words;
I'm sure all of the trite ones you have heard.
But though sometimes I stammer and stumble
And my most sincere thoughts come out in a jumble...
Please know that you are always on my mind
And a friend such as you is a rare treasure to find.

Not a day goes by that you are not in my heart
And we are close in hearts and spirit
Even when we are far apart.
Our friendship is always special to me
And for that precious gift I shall be grateful eternally!

Thena

Hold Me

I'm fighting for my life
And the fight is not easy
And at times the sight of me
Is hard for my friends to see.

I know that you remember me
As strong and healthy and feisty
And may not be prepared for the fact
That cancer has not treated my body nicely.

But join me in this fight today
To make every moment count
And when you come to see me, please stay
Even though you may be tempted to turn away.

I know that my hair has chosen to leave
But that no longer causes me to grieve
This outer shell doesn't impress me anymore
For I know that God has something better in store.

Do not turn away in shock or distress
Do the things with me that we've always done best
Tell me about your life and share with me tonight
And when you leave please hold me tight.

Do not be surprised if it seems I will not ever let you go
For each day that I am here is precious to me
And I want to hold close and memorize
Each precious face I see.

So come and visit and know that I understand
How hard it might be when first you take my hand
Or see my body that is now so frail
And your eyes may tear and words may fail...

But know that I understand
But I need you even more today
And I have accepted what I've been given
And I will be beautiful and healthy once again ...
....in Heaven.

Thena

We Are Here....

We are here for you if you need
A shoulder to cry on
An arm to lean on
A leg to stand on
An ear to listen
And a heart that cares.

We are here and we want to share
Anything that is important
Or anything that is hard to bear.
We will cry with you when feel as if
Some things just aren't fair.

We are here to share every milestone
And rejoice with you in any accomplishment
And any progress or remissions
As well as to hold you and share your tears
Listen to your sorrows and your fears.

We are here for you no matter what
And here is where we will stay
God sent us here to you
And He will provide the strength to see you through.

Thena

God Bless this Child

Father God in Heaven above
Look down upon this child we love
And bless her parents
whose hearts are hurting so
Speak to them in the stillness
So that Your peace they may know.
Lord, bless this little one
And station Your angels around her bed
And let them sing sweet lullabyes
As she rests her tiny head.
Thena

No comments: