Tuesday, October 28, 2008

C is for Careers

Policeman

A policeman is what I want to be
To keep our cities safe and free
To keep cars from running traffic lights
And keep our citizens safe at night!

I want to drive in a big ole car
With a siren that goes on top
And want people to pull over
If I tell them they should stop!

But most of all I want to be
A policeman who is friend to all
And wear my city's uniform
Standing proud and tall!

Thena

A Teacher

I want to be a teacher
And teach lots of kids each day
I want to watch them as they work
And teach them games to play.
I want to teach in a school like mine
And have lots of kids in class
And I will teach them all so well
That every one will pass!

Thena

When I Grow Up

When I grow up
So big and tall
I want to play
Pro basketball!
I want to be a superstar
And travel with my team
Yes, that is it for sure-
To play basketball is my dream!

Thena

Sometimes I wish

Sometimes I wish
You sat at a desk all day
And my worries and fears
Could all go away.

As you go to work I pray
That God keep you safe that day
And last thing when you work at night
That God keep you safe till morning's light.

And though I fret and
I worry out loud
I love you sweetheart
And I'm very proud!

I'm proud to be your partner
Your helpmate and your wife
I'm proud of my hero husband
And the dedication of your life.

For not everyone cares enough
To do something so noble and true
And not everyone has the kind of heart
That I know beats inside of you!

And with the help of the Father
Looking down on us from above
I can send you off confidently each day
Knowing that He will protect the one I love!

Thena

No comments: