Tuesday, October 28, 2008

L is for Love

First Love

My first love is still special to me
He brought such joy to my heart
While I was only a teen at the time
I felt we would never part.

He singled me out from all the rest
And just the thought that he liked me best
Sent chills of pleasure up and down my spine
To be someone's sweetheart and have them be mine.

My first love was an innocent love
Full of fun and flirting and joy
For I was just a teenage girl with a crush
And he was a teenage boy.

What fun it was to feel so grown up
And go out on a date or a dance
Sharing a kiss under the porch light
Was our idea of a budding romance.

Even today as I look back on my life
I know he has a place in my heart
For he helped me learn to trust in love
And our first love was a wonderful start.

Thena Smith


You Are As Close As My Heart

Some may say that we are far away
And how can our love be true
But no matter how many the miles between us
My heart feels close to you.

We were friends first
And liked each other from the start
For instantly you were recognized
As someone special by my heart.

As time passed our friendship grew
And grew and grew and then
We realized that we were sweethearts
Where once we had been dear friends.

So dear sweetheart I am sharing
My heart and soul with you
And in this verse is a special kiss
Straight from my heart to you!

Thena

I Love You Enough...

No matter what struggles
We may go through
I have more than enough
Love for you
To withstand it all
And stay so strong
That it will last
Our whole life long.
No matter if we should disagree
If I love you and you love me
And if as you say,you love me true,
Then I have more than enough
Love for you
Any sort of trial to get us through.

No matter what kind of things
May happen day to day
Or what new adventures loom ahead
No matter what we might have done or said,
I want things to be the way they were
Right at our very start
For that is the kind of love I have for you
Nestled safely forever in my heart.

Thena

Let's go back to the beginning
Let's go back to the start
Let's go back to the way we felt
With first bloom of love in our heart.
Let's keep what we've learned
Through all the trials
And through any stress or strain
But let's go forward together
Being completely in love again!

Thena

No comments: