Tuesday, October 28, 2008

F is for Friends

Friends

You are such a special friend
How can I describe to you
The joy you bring to me
In all the wonderful things you do?

I admire your confident ways,
Your independent streak,
And the wonderful funny things
You say when you speak!

No matter how many miles
May try to keep us apart
Between the two of us dear friend
There is no distance in our hearts!


I'm A Lucky Girl!

I'm a lucky girl!
I know it very well!
When folks see me
They know I'm lucky
For they can tell!
They see my family with me
And they see my friends around
And they see the joy in life
That it's evident I've found.
''There's a lucky girl'' they say
And I admit that it is true
For I'm a lucky girl
To have found friends like you!


If I Had the Money

If I had the money
That I'd need to spend
I'd treat you royally
My dearest friend!

If I had the money
I'd buy you a car.
Then we would jump inside
And take a ride

And we would go so far!
If I had the money
That it costs today
To go to a first rate
Musical play.

I'd buy a ticket
For you and for me
And something grand
We two would see!

If I had the money
I'd buy you the moon
I'd send you snowflakes
In the middle of June!

If I had the money
I'd send you a flower
Minute by minute
And hour by hour.

If I had the money
I'd fill all of your dreams
With wonderful, happy
And magical things!

But I am not wealthy
So just what you see
Is all I can offer you
I offer you Me!


Just Hanging Out

What a fun day this has been
Just hanging out
With a special friend

Shopping and laughing
Until we could drop
Then going back home
To scrap and to crop!

Neither snow nor ice
Nor dark of night
Could take away
One ounce of delight

In what this day was all about...
Being with a friend and
Just hanging out!



Might Have Saids

The matter was so trival
That it didn't really rate
All the hurt and discontent
It looked a lot like hate.

Each one had to top the other
And when the one had gone
The remaining friend kept stating
What the other had done wrong.

I should have told her thus and so
And should have called her such and such
She was really lucky that
I didn't tell her much!

But next day all was over
And the two were friends again.
And they were both so thankful
That their friendship didn't end.

Not one remembered why it started
And what caused the awful row.
It was all behind them
And it didn't matter now.

But both confided later
With faces oh so red
That they were oh so thankful
For what they hadn't said!
Thena

I Said I Wouldn't Cry

I said I wouldn't cry
If you moved away
But I said that
Before it was moving day.

The van has yet to come
And the boxes are not in sight
But I dread the thought of them
Before I go to sleep each night.

To some it may seem a minor thing
A distance of an hour or two
But that distance is far too great
When it involves a special friend like you.

I know I said I wouldn't cry
Or make a big old scene
And would think about upcoming visits
And not the time in between.

But forgive me if you see me turn away
As if to wipe a tear drop from my face
And know that our friendship is dear-
One that no amount of miles could ever erase.

I will wave goodbye and try to smile
So that you will remember happy times
And thank God for the delight of you
And having you for a best friend of mine.

Thena

Longtime Friend

You and I have been quite a team
For so many many years
You've been me through happy times
And have been there to dry my tears.

You and I have known each other
From the time when we were kids together
Celebrating holidays and birthdays
And just spending time at whatever.

You were there for me when things were tough
And I knew that I could count on you
Not just as a fair weather friend
But one who would help me life's difficulties to get through!

I cannot find words strong enough
To tell you how much I care
And to thank you for all the years
Of love and friendship we've been able to share!

I hope that you realize dear friend
That this message contains such a tiny part
Of the abundance of love and appreciation for you
That is stored forever in my heart.
Thena


Dear Friend I miss you
My heart is broken
And even though I promised not to cry...
I confess that I have and I will yet...
Because of a wonderful friendship
That I will never forget.

You filled my life with laughter
And my day with joy and fun
We had a friendship that
Had life been perfect
Would have only just begun!

We should have had years to enjoy each other's laughter
And bask in the light of fun that comes right after
A silly chat online and silliness that had
No reason or rhyme....

Yes I will cry and shed sweet tears of sorrow
But I will shed tears of joy come tomorrow
As I remember thankfully
All of the joy that our friendship brought to me!

Perhaps the realization that our friendship
Could possibly come to an abrupt end
Broke down all of the barriers that
Sometimes can distance friends....

Perhaps God knew that you and I
Needed in this moment to be friends and that is why
Even though the time seemed short to me
He was fitting us to be forever friends
In His Eternity....

Thena


I Will Not Waste a Moment

I will not waste another moment
Being sad over things I cannot help or mend
I will not waste one second more
Being angry with a friend.

I do not know just how much time
God has allowed me on this plane
But I will not waste one moment
Causing others pain!

I will not waste one minute
Worrying over things in the past
I will instead try to create relationships
That through all eternity will last.

I will not waste another hour
Of the 24 in my day
Trying to figure out the complexities
Of the games some people play.

For God has blessed us with each other
To give comfort support and love
And He watches over His dear children
From Heavens portals up above.

So I pray my love will bless you
And you can see within my heart
That I will always treasure you
And have right from the very start.

Thena

High School Friends

In my gallery of friends
Each of you come into view
Making me feel fortunate
To have friends like you.

Though we go our separate ways
And eventually all of us will part.
Memories of our happy times as classmates
Will linger in each heart.

Thena

Heart Tears

If it were a physically possible thing
The events of the world today would bring
Tears from my very beating heart
And it would barely escape being torn apart.

Daily, I watch on tv
And read the news online
Heart wrenching events
Of friends and neighbors of mine.

All over our world
Families are wounded and scattered
Young men and women are separated
From all that to them has ever mattered

Children are left sad and crying
Wondering if their mom or dad
Have been wounded or worse yet-dying
There is an awful fear they keep denying...

Parents look at photos
Of their daughter or son
And pray with their every breath
That God would protect this one.

And each of us holds
In heart and spirit
A prayer so fervent that before spoken
I know that God must hear it!

And for every one of them
Known or unknown to me
My heart feels the hurt and anguish
And it is crying...

Thena

Girlfriends

Everyone everywhere
The whole world through
Needs a girlfriend
Just like you!
Guys have their place
And we love them too
But there are times
When only a girlfriend will do!
When I need to talk
You are always ready
To listen to me
Even if you don't always agree...
You let me speak
And say my part
And you listen
With your whole heart.
You listen intently
And don't speak until
You see I am silent
And then you will.
You offer advice
That is honest and good
And don't agree with me
Just because I wish you would.
Whether I need someone
To scrub the floor, unclog my sink,
Or just watch kids for awhile
So that I can think...
You are the first one
That I know I can trust
If I hate to ask...
But I know that I must...
You are the one I turn to
When times are really tough
And casual acquaintances
Are not enough...
You have met the test
Of a friend that is tried and true
And when I count my blessings
At the top of my list is YOU!

Thena

No comments: