Tuesday, October 28, 2008

P is for Pets

The Two Friends

Look at the two of you
Sitting there together
Sharing a bit of quiet time
Just enjoying being together.

I love the way you two are friends
I love the fun you share
And I know if I see one of you
The other one is there!

Thena

My Dog and Me

I have a good friend
Who loves me so much
He listens for my voice
And waits for my touch.

He sits and listens
If I need to talk
And willingly comes
To go for a walk.

I love him, I love him
And he loves me too
And the one thing about doggies
Their love is true!

Thena

Sebastian

Although you had been here
For such a short time
You left tiny paw prints
On this heart of mine.

I loved your soft fur
And the whiskers on your face
And treasured the sweetness
Of your kitty embrace.

I could pick out your voice
From among all of the others
I could tell yours apart
From your sisters and brothers.

If I had only known
What that day held in store
I would held you much longer
And kissed you even more.

I feel sure that you knew
That I trully loved you
And I find comfort in knowing
That you loved me too.

If cats have a Heaven
Where kittys roam free
Please give all of your new friends
Big hugs from me.

Tell them they are missed here
Your new friends above
But we know life is better there
In a land of pure love.

Thena

Saying Goodbye to Jesse

My sweet Jesse, my friend
Saying Good bye to you
Was one of the most difficult things
That I have ever had to do

You were the first cat that we had
And for nearly nine years
You shared in our happy laughter
And were there to comfort us in times of tears.

You chose us as your home
Even when you loved to roam
Between houses of our family
You knew whose cat you should be.

We knew right then
From the very start
That your little paw prints
Were embedded on our hearts.

It wasn't easy to watch you become ill
With an ugly old tumor that took your freedom
And caused you not to be able to play and run
With your playmates and housemates in the sun.

Finally I knew that the time was here
To stop the suffering of a friend so dear
And I pray that as you looked at me
My heart full of love for you, you were able to see.

Your eyes were clear and you looked me in the eye
As if you knew that it was time to say goodbye
But no matter how many years come and go
You will remain in my heart and I hope that somehow you know...

Thena

It's ok, Sweet Boy

It's ok, sweet boy, I want you to know
It''s ok, now, you can let go...
You can stop hanging on to that little thread
Of the love of us and the life you've led.
It's ok, sweet boy, you can let go.

Oh, I know you see the tears in my eye
And you don't want to see mommy cry
But worse than my sorrow at losing you
Would be causing more suffering for you to go through...
It's ok, sweet boy, you can let go.

I've heard of a place they call Rainbow Bridge-
And though it is story to comfort doggie mom's like me
I trust that God, our Creator in His Eternity
Has a place for the likes of a fine boy like you
And that someday I 'll see you again too.
It's ok, sweet boy, you can let go,

I'm crying so hard as I watch you today
And remember all the fun we had
And how I loved to watch you play
And I always hated the thought of this day
but...
It's ok, sweet boy, you can let go.

Oh, Father God, Creator above
You gave me this doggie to treasure and love
And I can't stand to watch him suffer but
It's so hard to let go
I love him so much
Can You please tell him so
And whisper to him
It's ok, sweet boy, you can let go...

Thena

Thank You for My Dog

God, thank you for my dog, Sophie,
She was so very special, you see
Every day I'm so thankful
That she belonged to me.
I knew that someday she must go home
And find her way to some Heavenly place
But it was so hard to let her go
For I wanted to hold her tight in my embrace.
Now I have released her little body
And I have set her free
Please let her know that she was my little treasure
And will always mean so much to me.
I know that God loves precious dogs like Sophie
And trust that somewhere above
He has a special place prepared
For those dogs we so dearly love.
So run and play sweet Sophie
And may little angels in their flight
Play chase with you all through the day
And kiss your sweet doggie brow each night.

Thena

God bless my dog Marley

God bless my dog Marley
She's so special, you see
Every day I'm so thankful
That she belongs to me.
I know that someday she must go home
And find her way to some Heavenly place
But right now I just can't let go
And I hold her tight in my embrace.
Please bless her and touch her little body
And take away any pain that she might feel
Please let her know that she is my little treasure
And my love for her is deep and real.
And help me not to hold on for too long
And cause my sweet little friend too much pain
But when You say that her time is over
Help me to release her and help me to someday smile again.
Thena


I'm Just a Pup

I'm just a tiny little pup
Haven't been around too long
But I have found a special friend
And I love to tag along!

My friend is what you call a kid
I think he is a boy
But no matter what he is
He really brings me joy!

He rubs my tummy every day
And knows just when I need
To go outside to potty
Or if I've already 'peed'.

He never scolds me for what they say
Are accidents indoors
(I think they are too protective
Of the soft stuff on their floors!)

If I have too much food at dinner
All I need to do is whine
And boy will rub my little round tum
And make it feel just fine!

He knows just what a puppy likes
And I'm learning about a boy
About t what a kid loves to do
And things we both enjoy.

I'm such a very lucky pup
To find a home like this
I have heard folks talk of Heaven
Is that what this place is?

Thena


There's Something About a Boy and His Dog

There's just something about a boy and his dog
That brings my heart pure joy
A dog is a beautiful sight in its own right
But even more wonderful with a boy!

A boy will let a dog lick his face
And share his ice cream or cake
Will let him sit beside him on a rock
And jump with him into the lake.

A boy will roll around in the grass
And not worry if a pup has fleas
Won't mind getting a bit dirty
Or complain about the scratchiness of leaves.

A boy needs a dog that loves to run
A dog that will chase balls and sticks
And you can see the love in a boy's heart
Reflected back in the dog that he picks!

Thena

No comments: