Tuesday, October 28, 2008

M is for Military

I Saw Mommy Crying

I saw Mommy Crying
As Daddy packed a bag
I'm much too big for tears
Although I hate to brag.

I saw Mommy wipe a tear
When she got in the car
And she handed me a treat
From the cookie jar.

I noticed she was not smiling
When Daddy got in his seat
So I offered her a little bite
Of my cookie treat.

When we got to the place
Where Mommy said Daddy had to go
Daddy got out and kissed us all
Oh, now I think I know...

Mommy kissed my Daddy
And hugged him with all her might
And it was then that I knew for sure
Daddy wouldn't be home tonight.

He got on a great big ship
And as hard as I tried
My face would not cooperate
And I cried and cried and cried.

Why do Daddies have to go
And fight with other Dads
Can't countries learn to get along?
Why must we all be mad?

Those kids in other countries
Are they just as sad today
Watching the Daddies that they love
Pack up and go away?

What if we kids get together
And tell them that it just isn't right
Daddies are made to hug and love
Not to go and fight!

Thena Smith

The Future

I miss you so very much
Each and every day
I feel so sad to know
That you are so far away.

Although the miles that separate us
Seem insurmountable at times
No amount of miles on earth
Can separate your heart from mine.

I do not know when you can return
For duty must be fulfilled by an honorable man
And I will be strong and brave
Though sometimes it is hard to stand.

But the things that sustain me
And will get me through
Are the gentle loving memories in my heart
Each time I think of you.

For that closeness that we felt together
Will not leave now that we are apart
For it is not a matter of miles that creates love
But love is a matter of the heart.

Thena

Album for Navy Wives

As Navy wives we share a bond
Together with each other
We are bonded as sister to sister
As our husbands bond brother to brother.

We do so many fun things together
And are always ready to have fun
But we are also first in line to help
If a member has misfortune come.

I have put together some photos
Of events that we attended together
To remind us all of what good friends we are
Come fair skies or stormy weather!

Thena

A Gift for You

Who knows if our paths will cross again
And if we will be reunited
But no matter the distance apart in miles
Our hearts are permanently united.

For we have a special type of bond
That draws us to each other
And a special joy in being together
And sharing with one another.

So think of me please
When miles separate us again
And remember how we supported each other
As we supported our Navy men.

And until our paths converge again
I say "Until then" and not farewell
And when that day comes around-
Oh, the stories we will have to tell!

Thena

A Little Gift

Just a little gift to share with you
My girlfriends one and all
You add such a richness to my life
And together we have a ball!

Look at these pages when you're happy
Browse through them to cheer you if you're sad
And may the memories gathered in this book
Remind you of all the fun we've had.
Thena

For A Son in Boot Camp

Son, I'm so very proud of you
And though I did not want you to go away
It was my mother's heart
That longed for you to stay.
I wanted you to stay safe at home
With those of us who love you
But I know that wherever you are
You are protected by God above you.
There may be times of stress
And depression can easily creep in
But remember to keep looking up
And over all of this you will win.
And know that God has warriors
His own prayer warriors over the land
To lift up the weary soldiers
When they are too tired to stand.
So no matter where you are
If from turmoil you need a rest
Just ask the Lord to nudge me to pray
For that's what mothers do the best.
Keep your eyes on the goal
And know that we love you so much
And though we are far apart
We are connected heart to heart.
Thena

World's Best Dad

I miss my daddy
For he is the world's best
At teaching me wonderful things
And spreading happiness.

He is far across the ocean now
Away from home for awhile
But soon he will be back again
And I can see his smile.

I can't wait to snuggle up
With him and watch tv
Or sit beside him in his chair
And have him read to me.

I know he is the very best
Of all dads in the world
And I'm such a lucky kid
To be his little girl!

Thena

No comments: